[kepler-users] String Feedback Loop

Jim Amrhein James.S.Amrhein at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 23 11:55:03 PDT 2009

Hi,
    I'm trying to get a "string feedback loop" that involves multiple
actors, instead of normal single actor.
    The test I'm trying to do is have a Loop Actor build a search string
based on Spatial region that gets executed in the Search Actor until we
either find results or the search region grows to be +-90,+-180. Any
results get sent back to the Loop Actor via an input String for
confirmation, before being forwarded to other actors for processing.
    The Spatial region grows by 1 degree every iteration.

    The search Actor will aways return a String back to the Loop Actor's
input.
    Which can either be "Found result" when a search is successful , or
"No Data" when a search fails.

But, I'm running into a various set of problems based on which Director
I try to  use:

When using a SDF Director I get the normal Error "Actors remain cannot
be scheduled!". I tried modify the SampleDelay actor to send "No Data",
but that didn't work and I'm not planning to use numerical values.
Eventually the "Found data" will be replaced with the actual Results found.
...          PN Director , I see the Ramp executed once (with a value of
"1"), then execution finishes, without any further output.
...          DDF Director , The code executes without any output (none
of the STDOUT messages I have get printed, even tho the loop completes)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
       JSA