[kepler-users] Troubles in installing provenance module

Josep Maria Campanera Alsina campaxic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:53:20 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm very interested with Provenance module and I'm trying to run it with Kepler.

I have compiled Kepler including provenance sources that you described
in the provenance web page
(https://kepler-project.org/developers/interest-groups/provenance-interest-group/provenance-recorder-instructions).

I noticed if I follow these steps I can not compile and run Kepler
because Provenance module requires another modules to compile it. In
modules.txt, I write '*provenance' instead 'provenance', to compile
another ones in provenance modules.txt.

 I run Kepler typing 'ant run' and all modules compile well and Kepler
starts. I see a button on the toolbar with a "P" and a green
background, which means that provenance is being recorded.

Then, I connect to the HSQL database and ONLY see Kepler's chache
tables (six in total) such as CACHE_SEARCH, CACHECONTENTTABLE,
KARS_CACHED, KAR_CONTENTS, KAR_LOCAL_REPOS and KEPLERTEXTTABLES.
Obviusly, Provenance schema it is not created in the database.

My questions are:

Have I installed Provenance well (P appears in the toolbar)?
When provenance module creates the schema?
Do I follow the right steps?

Thanks for your cooperation you are doing a very good job.

Josep Maria,

Josep Maria Campanera Alsina
Professor Lector
Departament de Fisicoquímica