[kepler-users] Port parameters

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Tue Oct 20 17:08:13 PDT 2009

Hi Barbara,

    x and y could be Parameter, StringParameter or PortParameter. They
also do not need to be in top-level, which should be executed like
kepler -runwf workflow.xml -x 4 -y.z "foo" (z is a parameter in
composite actor named y). And Port Parameters are usually used in
composite actors, so that the composite actors will have input ports
defined by the port parameters. I think Parameter or StringParameter is
better choice for your requirements.

    To set values of Parameter, StringParameter or PortParameter, you
need to double-click them, not right-click.

    I've tested a sample workflow with Kepler 1.0.0 on a Mac. It works
using with Parameter, StringParameter and PortParameter.  I also used
$echoString in String Constant actor with a echoString defined outside
as a port parameter, which works for me.

    Would you please test it again by changing it to Parameter or
StringParameter? Or I can help you to test if you send me your workflow.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.