[kepler-users] SPA PIW

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 12 23:01:44 PDT 2009

Hi Blue,

Sorry that the old web site got so out of date.  We've been working on
a new site, which I just turned on a few days ago which is more up to
date.  Here's the link to the new Sample Workflows page:
https://kepler-project.org/users/sample-workflows

The PIW workflow is no longer in that list because we're not sure of
its status.  All of the tested demo workflows are in the 'demos'
directory, which ships with the release, and is also visible thorugh
our code repository:
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/demos/

Older versions of the PIW workflow and other experimental workflows
are in our source repository in the 'workflows' directory, but they do
not ship with our release.  They are kept just for historical purposes
because they haven't been tested on recent builds. You can find an
earlier version of the PIW workflow there, but nobody is maintaining
it, so please let us know if it works for you.
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/workflows/bio/HighOrderPIW.xml

Hope this helps.  Maybe one of the SPA project participants that
helped to create this workflow and the associated actors can comment
on the status and plans for these.

Regards,
Matt

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Blue Angel <blue_tornade at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm very interested on a PIW example, referenced in the Kepler User Manual,
> p10. The manual says that this example can be found on the nightly, but when
> I go on the page, I see nothing ...
> http://www.kepler-project.org/nightly/zip/ (I just see the README.html link,
> that's all).
>
> When I go on the page
> http://kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WorkflowExamples, there is an
> another example, which I would like to try. But nothing happens when I click
> on https://www-casc.llnl.gov/sdm/downloads/spa-piw.jnlp ...
>
> I'm working on fedora plateform and at this moment, I'm just registered as a
> user.
>
> More generally, I'm working on workflow dedicated to genomics, using
> classical programs like BLAST, ClustalW, ... So, I would like obtain the
> examples reference in documentation and website, if it is possible.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for ur answers,
>
> Blue

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo