[kepler-users] actor library

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 11 11:59:08 PDT 2009

Hi Chris,

Ptolemy actors are documented in Chapter 2 of the Ptolemy II design
doc, see
http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2008/EECS-2008-29.html

The actors in ptolemy.actor.lib.comm, ptolemy.domains.sdf.lib
and ptolemy.actor.lib.image would be of interest, you can find the
javadoc listed at
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII/doc/codeDoc/ptolemy/actor/lib/comm/package-summary.html
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII/doc/codeDoc/ptolemy/domains/sdf/lib/package-summary.html
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII/doc/codeDoc/ptolemy/actor/lib/image/package-summary.html
I'm not sure if the javadoc would be present for these actors, but
in theory, after you instantiate an actor, you can right click
on it to get documentation and demos that use that actor.

To instantiate actors, see
https://kepler-project.org/users/faq#can-i-import-ptolemy
which says:
---start--
Can I import Ptolemy actors into Kepler?

Yes. Use Kepler's "Tools/Instantiate Component" menu item to import
actors into Kepler. For more information, please see section 5.3.2 of
the kepler users manual
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler-docs/trunk/outreach/documentation/shipping/UserManual.pdf
--end--

_Christopher