[kepler-users] Newbie with a couple of Questions

Kaushik Vinjamuri mad4comp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 06:34:18 PDT 2009

Hey guys,

I just got introduced to the kepler project and wanted to get started right
away but I ran into a few problems, maybe someone here can tell me what i'm
missing.  Basically i'm trying to run the HelloWorld.xml workflow just to
see if it would run (no gui, no cache etc...):

./kepler.sh -runwf -nogui -nocache HelloWorld.xml

Now once I try to run this I get these following errors:

ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: Cannot find effigy for top
level: .04-HelloWorld
  in .04-HelloWorld.Display
        at ptolemy.actor.lib.gui.Display._openWindow(Display.java:457)
        at ptolemy.actor.lib.gui.Display.postfire(Display.java:355)
        at ptolemy.actor.AtomicActor.iterate(AtomicActor.java:405)
        at
ptolemy.actor.sched.StaticSchedulingDirector.fire(StaticSchedulingDirector.java:170)
        at ptolemy.actor.CompositeActor.fire(CompositeActor.java:400)
        at ptolemy.actor.Manager.iterate(Manager.java:688)
        at ptolemy.actor.Manager.execute(Manager.java:332)
        at
ptolemy.actor.gui.MoMLSimpleApplication.<init>(MoMLSimpleApplication.java:108)
        at
ptolemy.actor.gui.MoMLSimpleApplication.main(MoMLSimpleApplication.java:209)
        at
        at
        at org.kepler.loader.Kepler.load(Kepler.java:192)
        at org.kepler.loader.Kepler.load(Kepler.java:215)
        at org.kepler.loader.Kepler.main(Kepler.java:136)

-Any suggestions?

Thanks!