[kepler-users] Newbie Questions

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Thu Jun 18 13:53:19 PDT 2009

Hi Jim,

    The following is my understanding. Others may have more detailed info.

Jim Amrhein wrote:
> Hello,
>     Just a few newbie questions:
>
> 1. Would you know the availability of the following related Kepler
> projects to the general public?
> - KAMon             (http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/pubs/568.html)
       You can find the module for in Kepler trunk at
$Kepler\modules\runtimemonitor. You should be able to run it by adding
runtimemonitor as the first line of
$Kepler\modules\build-area\modules.txt. The full instructions on module
management can be found at
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions.
I don't know the current status of this module.
> - Provenance Browser/COMAD
> (https://kepler-project.org/developers/interest-groups/provenance-interest-group)

      Also as the instructions provided by the above link, you can
change suite to comad or comad-1.0 to look at COMAD things. Provenance
Browser should be in module $Kepler\modules\provenance-apps.

> 2. I'm aware that there are numerous projects dealing with hosting
> workflows
> (https://kepler-project.org/developers/kepler-development-forum/workflow-sharing-interest-group/467926126),
>
> but has anyone started populating any of them? So far, I'm aware of
> the Actor Respository (http://library.kepler-project.org/), but that's
> it.

     Several projects are ongoing on workflow hosting and sharing. Yet I
don't know which one is in production version now.

> 3. Will the Provenance Framework/Recorder be part of  Kepler 2.0 release?
     Kepler 2.0 should still use the default Provenance
Framework/Recorder which is at $Kepler\modules\provenance\. You can try
it now by adding provenance module to
$Kepler\modules\build-area\modules.txt.

> Thanks,
>     Jim Amrhein

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.