[kepler-users] Slow R script outputting vectors of ~1000s elements, using RExpression

Jean-Michel.Perraud at csiro.au Jean-Michel.Perraud at csiro.au
Wed Jun 3 07:03:41 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have an actor that outputs three arrays of strings of ~50000 elements each. It takes several minutes to complete, but the cpu is far from in use. While I have only a cursory understanding of what is happening and of the eclipse debugger, it seems sensible to think that this is due to the use of Thread.sleep in Rexpression, e.g.:

		public void run() {
			while (_keepRunning) {
				// System.out.println("Starting read");
				_read();
				try {
					Thread.sleep(100);
				} catch (Exception e) {
					System.out.println("Error in TestApp while sleeping!");
				}

While this is not a blocker for me, has anyone advice?

Regards