[kepler-users] internally connect actor

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 14 08:00:18 PDT 2009

Hi Chris,

> I would like to create an actor that when connected to other actors
> will inspect the actors it is connected to and show the user the set
> of actors that could fulfill this connection based on the Semantic
> info.

For this, you might look at the "Type Check > Summary" context menu
action. This can be found by right-clicking on the workflow canvas.
This does both"semantic" and "structural" type checking for a
workflow. Like the other semantic type stuff, the UI is a prototype
... but does let you see which channels are mismatched, which are
"correct" (everything matches), and which channels do not have enough
information (e.g., because the structural or semantic types aren't
given). When you click on channels in the tables of the UI, they are
highlighted on the canvas.

Shawn