[kepler-users] Simultaneous Workflow runnings

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 26 16:09:57 PST 2009

Hi Jianwu,
I'll jump in . . .

Not being able to run multiple Kepler processes is a pretty serious
limitation for me.

For example, I can't run Kepler-1.0.0 and the Kepler head at
the same time because of the hsqldb issue.
I suspect that there might be problems running on separate
machines that share the same user home directory, though I
have not verified this.

The GUI should be well behaved and run multiple runs at the
same time.  However, in practice, I'm not sure that if I
was doing a 3 day run I would want to risk a crash.

Being able to start a run, disconnect and reconnect is something
we've talked about in the past.  My way of doing this is to
use Windows Remote Desktop into a server.  Using any sort
of virtualization would help some here.

_Christopher