[kepler-users] semantic search

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Wed Feb 25 07:40:51 PST 2009

Hi Chris,

The "semantic search" dialog is a bit experimental -- and this looks
like a bug in 1.0.  I'll look into fixing this so that it works at
least from the head of kepler (this may have already been fixed, I'm
not sure).

Much of the functionality of this dialog is also available in other
places within Kepler. For example, the actor library can be searched
using the components tab.
It is also possible to right-click on actors on the canvas, and search
for similar or compatible (with respect to input/output) actors. This
search looks for actors with matching port annotations (although no
actors in 1.0 have port annotations).

Shawn