[kepler-users] Kepler help

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 3 10:01:09 PST 2009

Hi Michael,

The MatlabExpression actor calls the local shared library for Matlab,
which it needs to be able to find.  If you read the actor
documentation in the Actor Reference Manual (or from the Help menu in
Kepler), it describes how to set the appropriate environment variables
before running Kepler.
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler-docs/trunk/outreach/documentation/shipping/ActorReference.pdf

Check if you can run the demo Matlab workflow (in
demos/Matlab/MatlabExpression.xml) which is working for me.  Its
important that the environment variable be set when you launch Kepler,
which it may not be if you use the .exe or .app launcher.  Instead,
set the appropriate environment variables and then launch from the
command line as explained in the demo workflow.

Its hard to help with your specific problem without knowing which
operating system you are using and which version of Kepler you have.
If you provide more info, Daniel Crawl from SDSC might be able to help
more.  In general, if you want to reach the developers with support
questions, use the 'kepler-users at kepler-project.org' mailing list.
See the web site for details on subscribing to that list.

Regards,
Matt

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Michael Hernandez <mherna48 at illinois.edu> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Jones,
>
> My name is Mike Hernandez, and I'm interested in Kepler. I'm trying to use
> the matlab expression, but am not succeeding. I looked through some of the
> mailing list FAQ threads and saw your email, I hope you can help me or
> direct me to someone who can. I've looked over the tutorials, and I don't
> know what I'm doing wrong. Could you please help me out? I've attached my
> attempt at getting it to work.
>
> Also, how can I check to see that I did the setPATH instruction correctly?
>

> --
> Michael Hernandez
> SHPE | UIUC Alumni Relations Chair
> Electrical Engineering
> Cell#: 847-736-3889

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo