[kepler-users] Asynchronous source Model of Computation

Chris Weed chrisweed at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 08:17:48 PDT 2009

I have several actors that are token sources that generate tokens
asynchronously.
An example is an actor that connects to a UDP port and produces tokens from
packets it receives.
The actors essentially initialize a separate thread, which
asynchronously outputs tokens
to an output port. My prefire, fire, and postfire functions are empty,
and when used
with the PN director seem to bog down the system. It looks like these empty
functions just get called over and over. To overcome this, I put a
non-ending while-loop
in the fire method to just sleep the actors main thread. I am curious
if this is the correct
way to do this, or am I missing something.
Chris