[kepler-users] Question on using SSH to Execute actor

Qu, Yujiang (IS) Yujiang.Qu at ngc.com
Thu Apr 9 10:45:22 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am a new user of Kepler. I am running Kepler on Windows XP box ( as design/test, and will run at Linux box later, I always ssh to the host ( Linux) from the Windows XP Box, there is no problem. ) I need to use SSH to Execute actor. I experienced difficulty in configuring it.

1) I opened configure actor, typing user name or host name, I immediately got error from a popup window:
Error evaluating expression: yqu
  in .my-test.SSH to Execute.user
Because:
The ID yqu is undefined.
Please enter a new value:
 What is ID? yqu is the user name to the remote box.
 When I type in for host field, I got the same error.
2) In the identify field, I have to specify a file ( use the browse button ), what should be in the file, is there a sample file?

Thanks ahead.

John