[kepler-users] Globus Proxy, Globus Job and GridFTP actor

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 30 14:51:43 PDT 2008

Hi Dawid,

I'm not sure that anyone has used these actors recently.  Last I knew they
worked against the Globus Toolkit version 3.x, but the new Globus release is
in the 4.x range.  So, you may be seeing a protocol incompatibility if you
are connecting to a GT4 service. Which version of GT are you using?

Matt

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 2:50 AM, dejw <dejw at man.poznan.pl> wrote:

> I have to add that I exchanged jar jce-jdk13-117.jar to the newer version
> jce-jdk13-131.jar as I had error that it is not signed and system couldn't
> initialize the BC (bouncycastle)
>
> Dawid
>

> dejw wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to use Globus Proxy actor, I used Dsiplay to check if it was
>> generated and it looks like it's ok.
>> Later I tried to use Globus Job actor or GridFTP actor with such generated
>> proxy and in both cases I had such errors in both cases:
>>
>> ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: GridFTP transfer failed
>> because of: GSSException: Defective credential detected [Root error message:
>> Failed to load credentials. [Root error message: PEM footer missing]] [Root
>> exception is org.globus.gsi.GlobusCredentialException: Failed to load
>> credentials. [Root error message: PEM footer missing] [Root exception is
>> java.io.EOFException: PEM footer missing]]
>>   at org.nmiworkflow.GridFTP.fire(GridFTP.java:182)
>>   at ptolemy.actor.AtomicActor.iterate(AtomicActor.java:430)
>>   at
>> ptolemy.actor.sched.StaticSchedulingDirector.fire(StaticSchedulingDirector.java:188)
>>
>>   at ptolemy.actor.CompositeActor.fire(CompositeActor.java:403)
>>   at ptolemy.actor.Manager.iterate(Manager.java:688)
>>   at ptolemy.actor.Manager.execute(Manager.java:332)
>>   at ptolemy.actor.Manager.run(Manager.java:1071)
>>   at ptolemy.actor.Manager$3.run(Manager.java:1112)
>>
>> and:
>>
>> Error submitting job: class
>> org.globus.gsi.gssapi.GlobusGSSException:Defective credential detected [Root
>> error message: Failed to load credentials. [Root error message: PEM footer
>> missing]]
>>
>> Dawid

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo