[kepler-users] Running Kepler workflows on a Torque (OpenPBS) job scheduler

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Dec 31 09:39:59 PST 2008

Hi Daniel,

We don't currently have any howtos on this.  We have a very prototypical
implementation of kepler that will run in distributed environments that
has been tested on a ROCKS cluster.  We're in the process of reworking
our repository and build system, so I'm not even sure if it works
currently.  Jianwu at SDSC has most recently been working on this system
so I'll let him jump in on this conversation since he'll have the most
up-to-date information.

Here are the links we have for past work, but keep in mind that I'm not
sure if any of this will currently work and the build instructions are
currently out of date:

https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/interest-groups/distributed/archive/distributing-nceas-cluster
https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/interest-groups/distributed/archive/working-distributed-features

When more information is available on current distributed features,
you'll find it here:
https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/interest-groups/distributed

We're hoping to get everything stabilized in the next month or so.
We've made a large architectural change (modularization) to the core of
Kepler so it will take some time.

Thanks,

chad