[kepler-dev] [Kepler - Bug #6676] External Execution actors generates exception for empty directory

noreply at nceas.ucsb.edu noreply at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Mar 2 16:40:52 PST 2015

Issue #6676 has been updated by Christopher Brooks.

% Done changed from 0 to 90

This is fixed.

ptolemy.actor.lib.Exec invokes java.lang.Runtime.exec(), which takes as its last argument the directory.  The Javadoc for Runtime.exec() state that if the directory is null, then the current directory of the parent process is used.

I fixed up Exec.java to handle the directory being the empty string, which means that a null gets passed to Runtime.exec().

I updated the documentation for the class and changed ptolemy/actor/lib/test/auto/Exec.xml so that the directory parameter is the empty string, which tickles this bug.

This bug may be closed after someone else confirms that it is fixed.

Bug #6676: External Execution actors generates exception for empty directory
https://projects.ecoinformatics.org/ecoinfo/issues/6676#change-21956