[kepler-dev] Kepler composite actor firing

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 18 09:33:42 PST 2014

Hi Chad,
In Ptolemy II, we would use a modal model for this.  I'm not sure if
modal models are enabled in Kepler, but I believe they are.

A model model is a state machine where the states are composite actors.
These inner composites are known as refinements.  The modal model has
inputs and outputs that are connected to the ports of the refinement.
The guards on the transitions between the states control which composite
is fired.

See http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/books/Systems/chapters/ModalModels.pdf

BTW - it is not necessary to cc both kepler-dev and kepler-users.
Kepler-dev is for development of Kepler itself, kepler-users is for
questions about using Kepler.  This is an excellent question for
kepler-users.  Cc'ing both lists is not a big deal, just a mild preference.

_Christopher

On 2/18/14 9:24 AM, Chad Sebranek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to control whether or not a composite actor fires? Say
> I only want it to fire if it meets certain conditions?
>
> Thanks

Academic Program Manager & Software Engineer  US Mail: 337 Cory Hall
CHESS/iCyPhy/Ptolemy/TerraSwarm               Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu, 707.332.0670           (Office: 545Q Cory)