[kepler-dev] Starting out build problems

Leonard Sitongia sitongia at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 10 14:15:43 PDT 2013

Hi again,

I'm trying everything on Windows 7 now. using Cygwin.  I have Kepler
installed, and manually got Ptolemy, too.  When I do "ant compile" I get
missing libraries:

   [compile] Compiling ptolemy...

   [compile] Compiling 2347 source files to
C:\Users\sitongia\Projects\kepler\ptolemy\target\classes
   [compile]
C:\Users\sitongia\Projects\kepler\ptolemy\src\diva\util\java2d\svg\SVGPaintedObject.java
:46: error: package org.apache.batik.gvt does not exist

   [compile] import org.apache.batik.gvt.GraphicsNode;

   [compile]   location: class SVGPaintedObject

   [compile]
C:\Users\sitongia\Projects\kepler\ptolemy\src\diva\util\java2d\test\junit\Polygon2DJUnit
Test.java:31: error: package org.junit does not exist

   [compile] import org.junit.Assert;

   [compile]
C:\Users\sitongia\Projects\kepler\ptolemy\src\ptolemy\actor\gui\python\PythonShellTablea
u.java:35: error: package org.python.core does not exist

   [compile] import org.python.core.PyObject;

lots more.

So, something big is missing.  If it isn't clear, I'll start over and
collect all the output so that I can see if something earlier failed.

Thanks!

--
==Leonard E. Sitongia
    High Altitude Observatory