[kepler-dev] Using and extending Kepler with Clojure, JRuby, etc?

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 30 08:38:10 PDT 2013

Hi Rich,
Ptolemy has a Python actor that allows the user to define the contents
of an actor using Jython, see
https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/python-and-kepler

There was a discussion that is not being found by Google, see
"Set parameters using python/jython"
http://lists.nceas.ucsb.edu/kepler/pipermail/kepler-users/2013-October/002534.html

The Ptolemy unit tests are written in Jacl, which is a 100% Java
implementation of a subset of Tcl.

_Christopher

On 10/30/13 8:10 AM, Rich Morin wrote:
> I'm interested in the possibility of using or extending
> Kepler from dynamic JVM languages (eg, Clojure, Jython,
> JRuby).  For example, has anyone interacted with it by
> means of a Clojure REPL, Ruby's IRB, etc?
>
> -r
>
>   --
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm            Rich Morin
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/weblog     +1 650-873-7841
>
> Software system design, development, and documentation

Academic Program Manager & Software Engineer  US Mail: 337 Cory Hall
CHESS/iCyPhy/Ptolemy/TerraSwarm               Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu, 707.332.0670           (Office: 545Q Cory)