[kepler-dev] Configure Actor -> parameters (tabs)

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 27 09:16:20 PDT 2012

Hi Michal,
That is an interesting idea.

In Ptolemy II, we did some work involving layout of custom panels but
stopped work on that facility.
I just updated $PTII/ptolemy/actor/gui/run/package.html to say

> to edit the
> run window.  Work on this facility was not completed because Eclipse RCP
> was seen as a package that was being regularly updated.</p>
> View -> Interface Window.  In the resulting Window, use the
> Customize menu
> to change the layout.</p>

The Interface Window facility does not seem to have tabs, but I have not
looked very hard.

In Ptolemy II, the ptolemy.actor.gui.EditParametersDialog class uses
various styles in ptolemy/actor/gui/styles.   These styles use
ptolemy.actor.gui.PtolemyQuery, which extends ptolemy.gui.Query.

To add tabs, you would probably need to start with EditParmetersDialog
and maybe add a style.

_Christopher

On 3/27/12 5:18 AM, Michal Owsiak wrote:
> Hello Kepler development team,
>
> I have question related to Configuration of parameters for the actor.
>
> At the moment, all the parameters are listed in a single view that is
> embedded into scroll pane.
>
> Question is. Is it possible to extend Kepler with ability to show
> parameters within separate tabs? I'd like to have something like this.
>
> Instead of:
>
> Param1  [value1          ]
> Param2  [value2          ]
> Param3  [value3          ]
> Param4  [value4          ]
> Param5  [value5          ]
> Param6  [value6          ]
> Param7  [value7          ]
> Param8  [value8          ]
> Param9  [value9          ]
> Parama  [valuea          ]
> Paramb  [valueb          ]
> Paramc  [valuec          ]
>
> I'd like to have parameters split across different tabs:
>
> tab1:
> Param1  [value1          ]
> Param2  [value2          ]
> Param3  [value3          ]
>
> tab2:
> Param4  [value4          ]
> Param5  [value5          ]
> Param6  [value6          ]
>
> tab3:
> Param7  [value7          ]
> Param8  [value8          ]
> Param9  [value9          ]
>
> tab4:
> Parama  [valuea          ]
> Paramb  [valueb          ]
> Paramc  [valuec          ]
>
> Is it possible to develop this kind of feature in the Kepler?
>
> Cheers
>
> Michal

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670