[kepler-dev] How to add slaves in a remote workflow in Java(in Eclipse)

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Mon Mar 5 10:46:17 PST 2012

Hi Neha,

     First of all, I haven't seen anyone working on workflow simulation
in Eclipse before. Your work is very interesting. May I know why you
want to do it? I guess you are not just replacing Kepler GUI with
another GUI, right?

     The code of master-slave module is done long time ago. So my
information on the interfaces below is just my best guess. You have to
verify its correctness.

     1) How do I add slaves? At the construction function of
org.kepler.distributed.MasterController class, it tries to read
available slaves.

     2) How do I allow/deny Access? The function processUserInACL() in
org.kepler.distributed.SlaveController class will check whether the user
is allowed or denied.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang, Ph.D.
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.