[kepler-dev] LDAP Authentication Error

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jan 11 09:58:13 PST 2012

Scott --

This error occurs when Kepler is unable to contact the LDAP server that
provides authentication for the Kepler repository. It sounds as if you have
a personal repository installed?  If so, then it probably means that either
your LDAP server is not working -- either its been shut down, or its
overloaded, or there is a firewall blocking access. You can test the
accessibility of the LDAP server by using the 'ldapsearch' command line
tool.  If you didn't use your own LDAP and instead are relying on ours at
ldap.ecoinformatics.org, then the problem is likely a firewall issue, as
that server seems to be running fine.  If you send more details about the
location/versions of your repository and ldap servers, we may be able to
help more with troubleshooting.

Matt