[kepler-dev] kepler ptolemy import errors

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 8 10:08:12 PDT 2012

Hi Derik,
Right, sorry about that.  I just checked in fixes to exclude ptango.
Ptango is our Internet of things effort with Bosch.  The missing jar
files are in the tree, but I'm not sure if it is worth adding them to
Kepler as the work is very much in the prototyping stage.

One thing is that
https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/update-ptolemy-third-party-package-dependencies
was saying that
kepler/build-area/resources/eclipse/PtolemyClasspathStart needed
updating, but after Daniel's changes (see
http://lists.nceas.ucsb.edu/kepler/pipermail/kepler-cvs/2011-October/018771.html)
resources/eclipse no longer exists, which is a good thing.

I updated the docs.

_Christopher

>  Furthermore, keep in mind that such changes will also necessitate
> changes in files used in IDE generation, especially:
>
> kepler/build-area/resources/eclipse/PtolemyClasspathStart
>     Add the package to be excluded

However, that file does not exist?

On 4/7/12 10:02 PM, Derik Barseghian wrote:
> Hey Christopher,
>
> Eclipse has been unhappy for about a week now w/ some import statements in:
> ptolemy/src/org/ptolemy/ptango/lib/
>
> I keep meaning to look into it but I continue to be swamped. I think it's just these:
> import javax.servlet.*
> import org.eclipse.jetty.*
>
> Do you know if kepler should be including/excluding certain jars here?
> Derik

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670