[kepler-dev] ptolemy revision updater not working

Sean Riddle swriddle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:15:03 PDT 2011

This is a cron job that calls the build system task ptolemy-validate (I think that's what it's called - not looking at the source right now). This updates all modules in the kepler suite to the current trunk revision, including Ptolemy, and attempts to compile the result. If compilation is successful, the trunk revision of Ptolemy is written in to revision.txt of the Kepler suite.

Unfortunately, svn update commands to the kepler-project.org server have a tendency to hang, leaving the checkout in a state that requires cleanup before the script can be run successfully.

I've always fixed this promptly in the past, and will do so now, but perhaps relocating the cron job would be a better long term solution.

- Sean

Sent from my iPad