[kepler-dev] [kepler-users] Are there any graphical INPUT actors in the community?

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 4 08:33:41 PDT 2011

Hi Marc,
In Kepler, the "Convert URL to Image" actor is
ptolemy.actor.lib.image.URLToImage:
"The ConvertURLToImage actor reads the URL or path of an image and
outputs the image in a form that can be used by other actors (an image
token)."

Ptolemy includes interfaces to Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) and Java
Media Framework (JMF).
There was some work done with OpenCV, but it likely only present in the
Ptolemy tree.

As an aside, the Plotter has a facility where the user can draw a
dataset.  In theory, that facility could be
used in an actor to allow the user to draw the dataset and then output
the data.

Ptolemy can also use the locations of actors in the window as input.  We
use this with the wireless model of
computation to indicate how far apart wireless nodes are.

What sort of graphical input did you have in mind?

_Christopher

On 10/4/11 8:25 AM, J. Marc Edwards wrote:
> All:
>
> I am curious if any graphical input actors that have been developed.
> I would like to have a graphical actor that I could customize for a
> variety of input from a workflow user.
>
> Kind regards, Marc
> --
>
> J. Marc Edwards
> Lead Architect - Semiconductor Design Portals
> Nimbis Services, Inc.
> Skype: (919) 747-3775
> Cell:  (919) 345-1021
> Fax:   (919) 882-8602
> marc.edwards at nimbisservices.com
> www.nimbisservices.com

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670