[kepler-dev] SVNKit

jing tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 20 15:00:35 PDT 2011

Hi, devs:

I am working on creating a kepler server version installer. It will
include kepler, workflow run engine and workflow scheduler.

Building the installer will involve the svn command, e.g. checking out
workflow scheduler and run engine components from svn repositories. To
my understanding, the jobs of kepler build system are done by java
classes, not in the build.xml. So we need a java library to handle the
svn actions. The library will provide a SVN API for the java class which
builds the installer.

I looked a around and found a pure java toolkit - SVNKit. It has dual
licensing - TMate Open Source License and Commercial License. The TMate
Open Source License <http://svnkit.com/license.html> permits you to use
SVNKit at no charge under the condition that if you use the software in
an application you redistribute, the complete source code for your
application must be available and freely redistributable under
reasonable conditions. It is similar to GPL license.  The details can be
seen at :

http://svnkit.com/license.html

Can we add the svnkit jar files into kepler/build-area/lib? If we can't,
does anybody have any other recommendation?

Thanks,

Jing