[kepler-dev] Invalid entries in Module Manager after patching of modules and a suite

Tomasz Żok tzok at man.poznan.pl
Mon Aug 29 00:25:18 PDT 2011

On 08/24/11 at 05:15pm, Sean Riddle wrote:
> I think I've found the problem. Making the following change allowed me to
> change to the newest patch of serpens-2.2, but I wasn't able to start it due
> to an unrelated problem. I guess we'll see if you run into that one after
> this is fixed. For now, please make this change in your own source code if
> possible (If you are using a released module, then this might be a pain).
> I'm waiting to commit this until I can run it past the author.

I have made the required changes and the suites listing is now fine. I can see
only serpens-2.2, and if I check "Show suites patches" there are also
serpens-2.2.0 and serpens-2.2.1 so everything is fine with the listing.

However I noticed that the module installation mechanism is not fully correct
if I understand it right.

The content of .../releases/released/serpens-2.2.1/module-info/modules.txt is:
vine-toolkit-2.2.^
unicore-2.2.^
glite-2.2.^
*kepler-2.2.^

But if I choose serpens-2.2 or serpens-2.2.1 suite, it installs the three
modules in 2.2.0 versions (2.2.1 are available). During the next run, it
informs me correctly that there are patches available, but I think it should
install them already in the first place.

> Unfortunately, I then got an error about the class IllegalActionException
> not being found, and I'm curious if you will see similar.

I did not get this error.

Regards,
Tomek