[kepler-dev] Invalid entries in Module Manager after patching of modules and a suite

Tomasz Żok tzok at man.poznan.pl
Wed Aug 24 00:00:31 PDT 2011

Hi,

Yesterday I have released a patch to 3 modules and 1 suite containing them.
I have read the publishing steps several times to be ready for the patch.
I have prepared everything and executed:

$ ant patch -Dmodule=glite-2.2
$ ant patch -Dmodule=unicore-2.2
$ ant patch -Dmodule=vine-toolkit-2.2
$ ant patch -Dsuite=serpens-2.2

When you look at the listing here:
http://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/released/

You will see that there are directories:
glite-2.2.0
glite-2.2.1
unicore-2.2.0
unicore-2.2.1
vine-toolkit-2.2.0
vine-toolkit-2.2.1
serpens-2.2.0
serpens-2.2.1

It seems that everything is fine. But in the Module Manager in Kepler the
suites listing is strange. Please take a look at the attached screenshots.

When I chose serpens-2.2.1 suite and clicked "Apply and restart", Kepler
crashed with the message:

Error: The following modules are missing
  glite-2.2.1

Can you please look at this issue? As the SVN entries seems fine, I think it is
a problem with Module Manager.

Best regards,
Tomek

--
Tomasz Zok
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center