[kepler-dev] classpath too long

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 25 11:32:15 PDT 2011

Hi Jared,
This seems like a serious limitation.
Just to be sure, I'm assuming that you are setting up Kepler with svn, as per the instructions at
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/systems/build-system/extension-build-system

When do you see the error?  When you invoke Kepler via the ant script?

What version of Windows are you running?

Did you try using Eclipse?  See
https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/kepler-and-eclipse

For further background information about the long class path issue, see
http://unserializableone.blogspot.com/2007/10/solution-to-classpath-too-long-aka.html
and
http://lists.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinformatics/pipermail/kepler-dev/2006-March/003655.html

_Christopher

On 4/25/11 10:06 AM, Chase, Jared M wrote:
> Hello,
> When I setup a kepler developer environment on windows in a location that has a longer path than ‘c:\kepler’, such as ‘c:\Documents and Settings\username\kepler’, kepler generates a classpath that is
> too long for windows and my workflow is unable to run.
> It is important to us to allow our users to install kepler wherever they would like. Is there a workaround that someone has found to address this?
> Thanks!
> Jared

ph: 510.643.9841      	                      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670