[kepler-dev] Window closing changes

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Apr 7 17:06:40 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

In an attempt to clean up memory leaks associated with the Kepler gui I
have been making changes directly in Ptolemy.  As of Ptolemy revision
60679 the behavior of closing windows has been changed from just being
hidden to being completely disposed of.  This has caused problems with
sub windows such as Displays and Plotters which failed to recreate their
frames on subsequent executions.  These particular cases have been fixed
but it is quite possible that other actors that open sub frames will
have similar issues.  I will continue to test and fix as many of these
as I can find.  If you would like to update your Ptolemy revision in
Kepler to help test the new changes please do so and let me know if you
encounter any issues with windows not opening or closing properly.

Thanks,
Aaron Schultz