[kepler-dev] new 2.1.0 test releases published

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 29 11:20:15 PDT 2010

  Hi Christopher,

On 9/29/10 8:21 AM, Christopher Brooks wrote:
> Hi Derik,
>
> See below.
>
> On 9/28/10 3:23 PM, Derik Barseghian wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've published new 2.1.0 test releases.
>>
>> If you could give them a try, looking for bugs that should hold up
>> 2.1.0, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to officially publish this Thursday.
>>
>> I'd recommend a fresh checkout of 2.1, following the instructions here:
>> https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/kepler-2.1-release-roadmap/?searchterm=roadmap
>>

> The above URL says:
>
>> When Kepler starts up, the Welcome window will say Kepler-2.0.  Do
>> not worry.
> > The next step is to do Tools | Module Manager | Available Suites and
> Modules.
> > Then select "Kepler-2.1.0" and use the arrow key to move it to
> Selected Modules and hit "Apply and Restart"
>
> Do I still need to do that?  When I start up with ant run, the splash
> screens say Kepler-2.1.0.
> When I go to Available Suites and Modules, "Kepler-2.1.0" is not present.

When you start kepler-2.1 (from the 2.1 branch), the splash image will
say Kepler-2.1.0. It would be nice if maybe during the publication
process certain things like the splash image were automatically updated
in the published version only, but we don't yet.

I don't know why you're not seeing the available 2.1.0 suites. Did you
change your releaseLocation to point at the test area like in the
instructions? I just started from scratch and it works for me.

One problem is that I see configuration-manager-2.1.0 is published as a
suite in the test area, but shouldn't be. I'll leave it published that
way for now, but will fix it before the official release.