[kepler-dev] about org.kepler.tagging.gui.TagBarUI class.

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Fri Sep 24 11:53:59 PDT 2010

  Hi Sean,

     I've been working on kepler memory leak fixing and got into a
question to the class org.kepler.tagging.gui.TagBarUI.

     It has a variable: final static Map<Integer, TagBarUI> tagBarUIs.
It put a new element in its map whenever a new TagBarUI object is
initiated. It's never used other places. From JProfile, I can see it
still hold reference to KeplerGraphFrame object after the window is
closed. I tried to change the type to be WeakHashMap, but it won't work.

     I suggest to remove this variable. What do you think?

--

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, U.S.A.