[kepler-dev] File menu changes

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 21 12:42:01 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've implemented a Save for KARs, and made a number of changes to the
File menu (see screenshot). It's not perfect, but I think it's good
for 2.1.
One change is the ordering, which I believe is now more typical. You
can see it in action in 2.1.
Let me know if you object to any of the changes. As part of the 2.1
release I need to update the documentation, so the sooner I have this
nailed down the better.

Thanks,
Derik

Details:
"Save", "Save As...", "Open...", and "Close" deal with KARs.
"Export...", "Open MoML...", and "Open MoML URL..." deal with xml.
"Open File..." and "Open URL..." were renamed to include "MoML" to
differentiate from "Open...".  In 2.2 it would be nice to integrate
the 3 Open's into 1.
We could change "MoML" to "XML" given Kepler can open arbitrary xml,
but it's not very useful to open non-MoML xml in Kepler, so this seems
best to me.