[kepler-dev] Token Types: resolving, setting etc

Panickos Neophytou panickos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:46:57 PDT 2010

Thank you all for your replies.

I found out what went wrong.

The problem is that I have saved this workflow for testing as well as
the Actor I am working on in two different KAR files. The problem is
that the XML inside (or outside?) the KAR file of the actor was
declaring the port as type unknown. That was before I started
declaring the type of the port as a RecordType.

So now I re-instantiated the Actor through Tools->Instantiate
Component and now it works. I guess I should resave it update the XML
file. I don't know if this is how it supposed to work but I guess it
creates some inconsistencies while you are still developing an Actor.

Is there an easier way to keep things synchronized?

Cheers,
Panickos

Panickos Neophytou
Advanced Data Management Technologies Lab
Department of Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh
http://www.cs.pitt.edu/~panickos