[kepler-dev] Token Types: resolving, setting etc

Panickos Neophytou panickos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 03:25:40 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to use a RecordType token that has just 2 fields: {long, Token}

When I declare a port that outputs token of this record type (on an
actor that I have implemented)

outputPort.setTypeEquals(new RecordType(new
String[]{EventRecordToken.TIMESTAMP_LABEL,
EventRecordToken.VALUE_LABEL}, new Type[]{BaseType.LONG,
BaseType.STRING}));

and connect it to a port that accepts type generic I get this error:

"Types resolved to unacceptable types in .workflowName due to the
following inequalities:
(ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {...output port info here...},unknown) <=
(ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {...input port info here...}, general)"

Why is the port type resolved as Unknown?

I don't quite understand how the type framework works. Is there some
documentation about the types?
The input port is on a TextDisplay actor. Shouldn't it just display
the contents of the records without any problems?

I thought I'd ask for some directions before digging deeper.

Thanks,
Panickos