[kepler-dev] File Menu Problem

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 4 14:55:36 PDT 2010

Hi Anne,
I have not seen this one before.
Try searching the net for "could not get shell folder ID list".
It looks like a somewhat mysterious bug.
There are some suggestions about trying different things with the registry.
There is also a suggestion about using some fallback code from Jython.

Can you post a complete stack trace?

Thanks,

_Christopher

On 10/4/10 2:14 PM, Ngu, Anne Hee Hiong wrote:
> I checked out a new copy of Kepler off the trunk today, build it successfully. After the gui started,   I clicked on File-->   open file  it threw  the following exceptions:
>      File Menu Exception
>      java.io.IOException: could not get shell folder ID list
>
>   I am running Kepler in  Window XP and compiled using JDK 1.5.
>
> I never come across this problem in the earlier version of Kepler. Just wondering whether others have come across the same problem recently and if so, how does it get resolved?
>
> Anne

ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670