[kepler-dev] Kepler 2.0.0 RC2

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri May 7 13:48:09 PDT 2010

I think they should all be working, especially if you had them working
recently Chad.  If things are so volatile as to not be able to get the demos
working reliably, then we have serious problems.  I hope its a minor issue
that has broken them?

In addition to the demos, I think people should be testing RC2 against their
favorite workflows, including those developed under 1.0, to be sure they
generally work.

Matt

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Chad Berkley <berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> If there are any that shouldn't be in there, we can definitely yank them.
>  I was erring on the side of leaving more demos in there.  If they are
> totally broken though, we should probably remove them.  At one point a few
> weeks ago I had them all working.
>
> chad
>

> Ilkay Altintas wrote:
>
>> Chad, David,
>>
>> Thanks for the installers. It installed like a breeze on MacOSX and the
>> getting started demos worked fine.
>>
>> The demos in other directories are on and off, mostly not functional off
>> the shelf. What was the decision on releasing demos?
>>
>> Thanks again!
>> -ilkay
>>
>> --
>> Ilkay ALTINTAS
>> Deputy Coordinator for Research, San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC)
>> Lab Director, Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT @ SDSC)
>>
>> University of California, San Diego
>> 9500 Gilman Drive, MC: 0505  La Jolla, CA  92093-0505
>> Phone: (858) 210-5877                     Fax: (858) 534-8303
>> Web: http://users.sdsc.edu/~altintas
>> Skype: ilkay.altintas
>>

>> On May 7, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Chad Berkley wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> David has created the installers for RC2 and uploaded them to
>>> https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/installers/
>>>
>>> Please download them and give them a try.  Log any bugs in bugzilla and
>>> have them block bug 4943.
>>>
>>> If all goes well, we should have a Kepler 2.0.0 out next week.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> chad