[kepler-dev] Sending multiple outputs through same output port

Sivaramakrishnan, Chandrika chandrika at pnl.gov
Sun May 2 17:48:07 PDT 2010

Hi,

Can an actor send multiple outputs through the same output port and channel only when using a Continuous director? I am currently using the JobStatus actor to get the status of a running job. I am interested in modifying the actor such that it can send an output every time the job status changes. Essentially the actor should get input once but send multiple outputs. I was looking for examples and was able to find only those which work with Continuous director - ex Pulse, Clock. My workflow currently uses DDF director and has simple boolean switch and expression actors. Is multiple outputs possible with DDF director?
Thought it would be better to ask here before I try to run my workflow with any of the continuous directors or modify the actor similar to ramp actor - to send next status on trigger input

Thanks
Chandrika