[kepler-dev] Ptolemy svn repository to be down on Monday, 3/22 from 7am until 10pm

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 15 15:44:00 PDT 2010

The Ptolemy Subversion repository will be unavailable on Monday, 3/22
from 7am until around 10pm.

The reason is that the transformer that feeds Cory Hall requires some
work.

In the past, the department has provided temporary power.  However, because
of budget cuts, there is no money to provide temporary power for this outage.

That day is Spring Break at UC Berkeley, so many Berkeley will be fairly
quiet.  However, lots of people outside of Berkeley use the ptII svn repository,
I realize that this is an a problem.

For California residents, I suggest contacting the UC President
Mark Yudof at president at ucop.edu.  In particular, ask him about
why UC executives continue to get raises :-^)

In addition the CHESS and Ptolemy websites will be down, along with
email to eecs.berkeley.edu.

When I do the next hardware refresh, I'll be moving the hardware to location
that better meets our needs of 24/7 availability.

ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670