[kepler-dev] RC1 release status update

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Mar 1 13:50:56 PST 2010

Hi,

We currently have 32 bugs in bugzilla.  Most of them are tracking bugs
or documentation bugs.  The outstanding "real" bugs are as follows:

4333 daigle at nceas.ucsb.edu KeplerLSID AuthNamespace web service (NEW)

4462 swriddle at gmail.com Component search in remote repositories not working

4797 aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu Verify that multiple workflow/actor KARs
work as expected

4845 aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu KAR dependencies not properly supporting
module versions  (NEW)

4798 swriddle at gmail.com Create parser for KAR XML specification

4848 barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu only first change to Customize
Documentation shown in Documentation=>Display

4852 barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu Documentation => Remove Customization
doesn't work

4847 aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu Instantiating new actor from library gives
error after restart (NEW)

4826 cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu intermittent exceptions displaying matrix tokens

As of now, there are 9 tasks (plus the documentation) that we need to
close out before releasing RC1.  Only three of these are not yet
assigned (the ones I've marked with NEW).  If you are currently working
on these bugs, please make sure you have assigned them to yourself and
that their status is not NEW.  If you do not intend to work on a bug
either because it's not in your area of expertise or for some other
reason, please let me know so we can re-assign it.

Originally RC1 was scheduled to be cut today.  I'd like to give us an
extra week to close out these issues, so I'm going to retarget RC1 to
3/8.  After RC1 is released, I will but installers and we can begin
rigorous testing to find additional bugs and fix them.

Thanks everyone for your hard work on this.  I feel like we're making
good progress.

chad