[kepler-dev] ViewPane configuration consolidation

ben leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 28 22:52:52 PDT 2010

Hi devs,
is there a reason configuration for <viewPaneFactory> and <viewPaneTabPanes> is split between "common" and "gui" modules?
Since the configuration of the names must match exactly between them, do you think we could just choose one module's configuration where they originate and then stick with that?
We'd need to change the code that looks up these values to make sure it looks in the correct module (including overrides in modules like reporting and wrm) but I think it would be cleaner and easier to maintain.
Thanks,
-ben