[kepler-dev] LDAP server move tonight at 9

Nick Brand brand at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 13 13:40:35 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm moving the ldap server to a new host tonight at 9PM. I won't be able
to shut off the old host immediately, so there should not be any
downtime. However, any changes made to the LDAP server while DNS is
updating will be lost. DNS is set to 1 minute updates, so the number of
changes made during the update should be minimal or nonexistent.

The new server will be using a new commercial SSL cert instead of the
current self-signed one. Besides that it should look and operate like
the old server.

Let me know of any issues or concerns by emailing help at nceas.ucsb.edu.

Nick

--
Nick Brand :: System Administrator
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
805-892-2507 :: brand at nceas.ucsb.edu