[kepler-dev] Kepler Release - Call for Help

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jan 27 15:46:12 PST 2010

Hello Kepler Community,

We are schedule for a code freeze this Sunday, January 31.  After the
code freeze, there should be no more functionality added for Kepler 2.0.
  Instead, we will be focusing on identifying and fixing bugs.  We would
like to ask any members of the community who might have some spare time
in the next few weeks to assist us.  If you don't have any bugs assigned
to you, but would like to help, please email me and I will find a task
to re-assign to you.  The current bug-list is here:
http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Kepler&target_milestone=2.0.0&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&order=priority,bug_severity,target_milestone

We also need help with updating documentation.  There are 15 or so
documentation bugs for different sections of the user guide and the
getting started guide.  If you would rather not write code, but can
assist us with proof-reading and updating documentation and screen
shots, let me know and I can get you started.

We're shooting for a release candidate to be out for Kepler 2.0 by
February 24.  In order to meet that goal, we'll need a lot of help from
everyone.

Thanks in advance for any time you can give to the project.

chad