[kepler-dev] Could not get alternate top pack, how do I save something as a KAR

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 14 13:40:12 PST 2010

I'm trying to work on
  Bug 4194 -  Kepler should have the Continous and Modal domains
and I want to create some KAR files for the Continuous Director
and the Continuous actors.

For example, the Continuous Director is
ptolemy.domains.continuous.kernel.ContinuousDirector
I can instantiate that Director using "Graph -> Instantiate Actor"
However, I don't have any menus that deal with KARs, such
as "Save As Kar"

I just did a clean build and I see that I'm getting the following
log message:
       [run] Could not get the alternate top pack class "org.kepler.gui.KeplerMenuHandler" named in the configuration by the _alternateTopPackClass attribute: null
       [run] Please check your configuration and try again.  Using the default Top pack().

Why can't I get the alternate top pack class?  What's the exception?
How do I check my configuration?  I have a configuration, I just did
a clean build.
A better error message would help here.

Also, is "ant clean-all" removing ~/KeplerData?  Perhaps it should?
ant clean-all removes ~/.kepler

ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670