[kepler-dev] Executable file of Workflow

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 11 15:22:31 PST 2010

Subhav --

Its not supported, but certainly possible.  The Kepler distribution includes
a shell script for running it, and you can pass in a workflow to be
executed.  That whole system could be wrapped into an executable, using
several different mechanisms depending on the platform you are on.  For
Windows, there are several installer builders that create executables to
your specifications that could be used to build such a thing.  We don't
include support for doing this directly in Kepler, but its certainly
possible.  You can look at our 'installer' target in the build.xml file to
see how we build the installer executable.  A modification of that process
would allow you to build an executable that runs a workflow.

Matt