[kepler-dev] DDFDirector + WebService actor infinite loop

Peter Elespuru Peter.Elespuru at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 11 14:00:04 PST 2010

Hello,

I came across this older list entry:

http://mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu/kepler/pipermail/kepler-dev/2008-November/013469.html

while attempting to remedy a similar problem by creating a custom
ArrayToSequence actor, only to realize I was using the wrong director to
begin with...

My workflow is fairly straight forward. It obtains some data from a web
service, massages the proprietary ASCII format it receives into
something the SequencePlotter can handle, and plots the result.

However, when changing to DDF (from SDF), my flow ends up in an infinite
loop unless stopped manually via the UI, or unless I specify an exact
number of iterations to the DDFDirector. Otherwise, it makes
repeated calls to the web service and happily appends the results to the
plotter.

I've combed through the user and dev mail archives, as well as Google
and haven't been able to come up with a solution so far.

Any thoughts ?

Regards,
-Peter Elespuru