[kepler-dev] Code Freeze and Release Branch Information

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 8 13:41:29 PST 2010

Hi Kepler-dev,

Just want to let everyone know that features for Kepler 2.0 should no
longer be added to the repository.  The repository has been branched for
the 2.0 release here:
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/branches/releases/release-branches/

To checkout the branch, use the following commands:

bash$ mkdir kepler-2.0
bash$ cd kepler-2.0
bash$ svn co
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/branches/releases/release-branches/build-area-2.0
build-area
bash$ cd build-area
bash$ ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler-2.0
bash$ ant run

All bug fixes for 2.0 should be committed to this branch.  Any bug fix
that also affects the trunk should also be committed there.

As of right now, there are 38 bugs in bugzilla.  If you want something
to work on but don't know where to start, please let me know.  Please
report any new bugs as soon as you find them and make sure you target
the bug to 2.0.0.  Also, if you are working on a bug, please "accept" it
as yours so we know you're working on it and don't duplicate work.  If
the status is still "new" it will probably get worked on by someone else
even if you're currently assigned to it.  That should not happen with
bugs with a status of "assigned."

Let me know if you have any questions.  Happy bug fixing!

thanks,
chad