[kepler-dev] Type system.

supriya gulati supgulati at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:22:06 PST 2010

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to understand the type system in Kepler in order to construct a
typed actor but I am having a hard time. I did refer to the Ptolemy II(Vol
II) document for the type system but it looks a little complex.

So the problem is that I need to develop an actor which has two input ports
named input and window and one output port. Following is the data on all the
ports:
1)Input port: {data=x, timestamps=y}
2)Window port:{a,b}
3)output: {Wind={a,b},aggregation={z}}

So here Input port and output port has record tokens and window port is an
array of two values. Data, timestamps and Wind and aggregation refers to
labels in the record type. x is a scalar token, y is a double, a and b are
both double, z is scalar. Also the label for aggregation can be min, max,
sum etc depending on what value user selects in the parameter field.

Can somebody please help me on setting the types for all the ports?
--
Regards,
Supriya