[kepler-dev] how to remove scientific notation in Ptolemy/Kepler?

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Sun Dec 12 16:12:16 PST 2010

Hi All,

     I use 'Expression' in Ptolemy to generate a double number, it is
automatically converted to scientific notation. It is the same behavior
if I use actors such as 'Add or Subtract' and 'Multiple or Divide'. I
know it is correct based on Double.toString()
http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/Double.html#toString%28double%29.
But I wonder how can I easily get rid of scientific notation. Is there
any actor for this function or any function in 'Expression' to do it?

     Thanks.

--

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.